Victor F. Olaleye (Ph.D.)
Professor of Zoology (Fisheries & Applied Limnology)
Research Interests: Effects of natural and anthropogenic perturbations on aquatic ecosystem biodiversity
(1) Olaleye, V.F. and Adedeji, A.A. (2005). Water and Planktonic Quality of a Palm Oil Effluent Impacted River in Ondo State Nigeria. International Journal of Zoological Research (Pakistan) 1(1): 15-20.
(2) Olaleye, V.F. (2005): A Review of Reproduction and Gamete Management in the African Catfish Clarias gariepinus (Burchell). Ife Journal of Science (Nigeria). 7(1): 63-70.
(3) Victor F. Olaleye (2005). Ichthyofaunal survey of rivers within Ewekoro Cement manufacturing operational areas. Biodiversity and Conservation (Netherlands) 14(9): 2171-2184.
(4) Adewumi, A.A., V.F. Olaleye and E.A. Adesulu (2005). Egg and Sperm Quality of the African Catfish, Clarias gariepinus (Burchell) Broodstock Fed Differently Heated Soybean-based Diets. Research Journal of Agriculture and Biological Sciences. (Pakistan) 1(1): 17-22.
(5) Victor F. Olaleye (2005). A review of biotic factors militating against successful African Catfish (Clarias gariepinus Burchell) larviculture in Nigeria. Environtropica (Nigeria) 2(1,2): 109-122.
(6) Abeni A. Adewumi, Victor. F. Olaleye and Esther A. Adesulu (2006). Swim-up fry production in the African catfish Clarias gariepinus (Burchell) broodstocks fed with differently heated soybean-based diets. Aquaculture Research (Netherlands) 37: 543-549.
(7) A.A. Adewumi and V.F. Olaleye (2006). Evaluation of differently heated Soybean Meals on the Growth and Nutrient Utilization of the African Catfish Clarias gariepinus (Burchell). Ife Journal of Science, (Nigeria). 8 (1): 1-7
(8) G.O. Adesina, O.A. Akinyemiju and V.F. Olaleye (2007). Assessment of aquatic vegetation invasion of Jebba Lake, Nigeria. African Journal of Ecology (Uganda), 45: 365-373.
(9) Popoola M.O., V.F. Olaleye and M.O. Awodiran (2008). Comparative Studies of the Genome of Clarias gariepinus, Heterobranchus bidorsalis and their Hybrids Using Hydroxypatite Chromatography. Ife Journal of Science (Nigeria), 10(1): 77-83.
(10) Olaleye, V.F., Adewumi, A.A., Adedeji, A.A. and Ogbogu, S.S. (2009). Effects of Soy-based allochthonous nutrient inputs on intensively cultured female Clarias gariepinus (Burchell) brooder