AJAYI Andrew Ayodeji
- Ajayi, A. A. (2009): Studies on human intestinal parasites in refuse dumps. B.Sc. Degree Dissertation, Dept. of Zoology, University of Ado-Ekiti.
- Ajayi, A. A. (2014): Efficacy of neem seed and neem seed kernel powders on the survival, longevity and fecundity of blowfly Chrysomya chloropyga under laboratory conditions. M.Sc. Thesis, Dept. of Zoology, OAU, Ile-Ife.
Books and Monographs: Nil
Contribution to Books: Nil
- Adewole, S. O. and Ajayi, A. A. (2010): Studies on human intestinal parasites in refuse dumps. Journal of Life Sciences, 41: 55 – 59. (USA)
- Ajayi, A. A. and Muse, W. A. (2015): Efficacy of neem seed and neem seed kernel powders on the survival, longevity and fecundity of blowfly Chrysomya chloropyga (Wied.) (Diptera: Calliphoridae). IOSR Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences, 10(3): 72-85. (India)
- Muse, W. A.; Ajayi, A. A. and Sanni, D. A. (2017): Body measurements and proximate analysis of freshwater crab (Sudanonautes aubryi) of Asejire Reservoir, Ibadan, Nigeria. International Journal of Innovative Research & Development, 6(7): 167-177. (India)
- Muse, W. A.; Ajayi, A. A.; Kolapo, S. O. and Opawusi, A. Y. (2019): Morphological characters and proximate composition of crab, Callinectes amnicola from tropical marine environment. International Journal of Innovative Research & Development, 8(1): 126-136. (India)
Edited and Referred Conference Proceedings: Nil
Articles Accepted for Publication: Nil
Manuscript Submitted for Publication: Nil
Creative Work: Nil
Technical Reports: Nil
* = Publication after the last promotion
Papers for Work in Progress:
- Effect of temperature on the postembryonic stages and adults of the housefly, Musca domestica (Diptera: Muscidae).
Professional Accomplishments: Nil
- Conferences, Seminars and Workshops Attended with Dates:
- 43rd Annual Conference of the Entomological Society of Nigeria at University of Benin, Benin. 8th Oct. – 11th Oct., 2012.
- 44th Annual Conference of the Entomological Society of Nigeria at Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State. 7th Oct. – 10th Oct., 2013.
- Foundational Research Skills in Life Sciences at Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. 23rd May, 2014 – 7th June, 2014.
- Faculty of Science International Conference at Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. 4th Sept. – 8th Sept. 2016
- 47th Annual Conference of the Entomological Society of Nigeria at University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State. 10th Oct. – 13th Oct., 2016.
- Induction Workshop for Early Career Researchers (ECRs) by Central Office of Research, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. 23rd January, 2018.
- Research Methodology and Grantsmanship Workshop by Africa Centre of Excellence OAU ICT Knowledge Park. 17th , – 21st Sept., 2018.
- Faculty of Science International Conference at Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. 1st Oct. – 5th Oct., 2018.
- Information Security and Privacy in a Networked World for University Staff by Africa Centre of Excellence OAU ICT Knowledge Park. 13th March – 19th March, 2019.
Current Research Activities:
- Comparative Morphology and Nature of Male and Female Crayfish Gonads of Macrobrachium vollenhovenii and Penaeus notialis from the Marine and Freshwater habitats. (On-going Doctoral Research Work).
Current Relevant Information:
Services Within the Department:
- Member, Time-Table Committee
- Member, Admission, Registration, Examination and Results Committee
- Secretary, Laboratory Equipment Committee
- Secretary, Academic Staff Meeting
Services Within the Faculty:
- Member, Faculty Board of Science
- Member, Sundry Application Committee (2017 – till date)
- Member, Faculty Lecture Committee (2018 – till date)
Services Within the University: Nil
Services Outside the University: Nil
Extra-Curricular Activities: Listening to news and Surfing the internet.
Contributions to Knowledge
My research activities involve the screening of plant materials for insecticidal properties against field and storage pests to boost agricultural production and food security. It also involves studies on the reproductive biology of arthropods viz. crabs and shrimps towards enchantment of the aquaculture of these resources.